Author Topic: Spot Goes To Hollywood - Sprites disappear  (Read 1853 times)

chriswyatt

• Scoobies
    • View Profile
Spot Goes To Hollywood - Sprites disappear
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
In the 2nd level, there's a net with loads of junk in it hanging from the boat. If you fire it, it falls and makes a hole in the ground. If you go into the hole you get to a bonus level. In the bonus level you can't see any sprites, only the background.

I'm not sure if any other parts of the game are affected, but chances are even if I don't go into this hole I'll reach some other part of the game where this is a problem. So I've not bothered playing after this point.

This was an issue in the previous version of Yabause too. Any ideas what might be causing the issue? I was hoping perhaps the recent transparency fixes might solve this, but alas.

Guillaume

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ./confiture && cake
Re: Spot Goes To Hollywood - Sprites disappear
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »
I tried Spot, but I can't get to the area you're talking about. Could you provide a save state to get easily to that area?

Btw, it seems Spot has some "funny" shadow bug with the software renderer (some sprite shadows display blue garbage)

chriswyatt

• Scoobies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
Hi, sorry, should've provided one. I've opened up the hole in the floor so you just need to fall in it. I took the snapshot with the US version of the game.

https://mega.co.nz/#!pNNQ0YJR!aWXvqFjaDNH7dlyr4GHfYBKcnvYKjQSs-8ZpkaJX40o

Also worth noting that the same thing happens with both software rendering and OpenGL, so perhaps it's not an issue with graphic rendering?

I noticed that weird shadow bug as well. I think I only noticed it in software mode? OpenGL didn't seem to have the issue. I think the blue garbage is probably the water underneath the boat.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:50:27 PM by chriswyatt »

Guillaume

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ./confiture && cake
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »
Thanks for the save state, that will be much easier to debug...

and yeah, the blue garbage is the water :)