Author Topic: Downsampling  (Read 1688 times)

Draikin

• View Profile
Downsampling
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
This is really not an important feature, but I was wondering if it would be possible to allow Yabause to allow for downsampling in OpenGL mode? This essentially means letting the game render at a ridiculously high resolution internally (like 4K or higher), and then resizing it to a resolution your monitor supports. The benefit of this technique is that it significantly reduces aliasing. So what I was thinking was, aside from the resolution we can input manually in the settings, would it be possible to add an option there to let Yabause render internally at 2x, 4 or 8x times the resolution we entered and then have it downsize to the resolution we entered automatically?

Aside from that, I also noticed that the menubar seems to be included in the height that we set manually (at least on Windows). So if I want Yabause to output the game in 1920x1080, I have to add 47 pixels to the height and enter 1920x1127 in the settings. Is that by design?

CyberWarriorX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyberwarriorx.com
Re: Downsampling
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:30 AM »
Currently no. Somehow I'm thinking it may be some work to support this kind of feature. Guill would probably know more.