Author Topic: 3rd Party Video/Sound Plugin Support  (Read 3039 times)

severen

• View Profile
3rd Party Video/Sound Plugin Support
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:29 AM »
3rd Party Video/Sound Plugin Support - Basically sums my idea up.

I posted

Has anyone heard/seen custom drivers ever made other than the built in Software/OpenGL VideoCore drivers?

I ask because they seem to be coded to separate .dll files which gives me a "tiny sliver" of hope that someone has attempted to improve on them.  The fact that in v.0.9.12 you can choose to use software or opengl for video but get no customization of the drivers is disappointing. 

over in the support forums. 

I'm curious if the coding scheme is designed to pull all the video driver information from the external .dll's   with an example being  "QtOpenGL4.dll" that comes with the latest v0.9.12 version.

I prefer Yabause over all other emulators as it has played every game I've thrown at it.  Depending on which machine I'm using, I have to fall back to built in Software Video processing.   Depending on the game, I can't use the OpenGL driver  as I'm thinking my video card can only run a handful of the features the included hard coded OpenGL driver is configured to use. 

I hope I'm not alone when I say if the ability for custom video/sound drivers were to be added, you'd have a slew of video/sound programmers.  I think they'd jump at the chance to add to the functionality and great platform that Yabause already is.

CyberWarriorX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyberwarriorx.com
Re: 3rd Party Video/Sound Plugin Support
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »
Not happening. Aside from potential license issues, we decided early on we wanted people to contribute new cores to Yabause rather than releasing potentially closed source dll plugins. If someone wants to write a new core(for example, a Direct 3D video core) or wants to make changes to ones we already have, they're more than welcome to.