Author Topic: Occasional\Constant white flashes ingame in software mode + Can't use OpenGL  (Read 446 times)

fablefire

• View Profile
This is on Yabause v0.9.15 compiled using these instructions: http://wiki.yabause.org/index.php5?title=Readme_QT#Linux http://forums.yabause.org/index.php?topic=9419.msg13814#msg13814 on Xubuntu

I was able to get Yabause running but I am coming across a few problems. First there is constant white flashes in Dead or Alive in software mode along with the occasional ones in Vampire Hunter: Darkstalkers' Revenge, both Japanese games. I tried to use OpenGL mode, but I can't. While changing to OpenGL with no game, the log spits out "Fail to YglProgramInit." After getting the message when I try to play a game it says it can't initialize Yabause. When changing video modes while a game is running the terminal spits out "Segmentation fault (core dumped)." Is there any way to solve this?

The following is all the terminal jargin during trying to run a game in OpenGL after software mode is initially launched.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
AL lib: (WW) ALCjackBackendFactory_init: jack_client_open() failed, 0x11
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "jack"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

EDIT: Disabling the Frame Skip/Limiter on Dead or Alive removes the white flashes but as expected audio and frame rate is wonky.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:42:03 PM by fablefire »